The missions of the Solar System Science Research Group are:
1. To study the Sun-Eath interactions.
2. To contribute for the knowledge of telluric planets and satellites, from a geological and geophysical point of view.
3. To build, store, and disseminate databases on those bodies.
4. To develop new methods and techniques for the analysis, classification, and interpretation of remote sensing data.
5. To create synergies with the other groups in order to apply their research to Planetary Geosciences and, conversely, to apply to Earth planetary geoscientific methods and techniques.
6. To support the graduate studies of young planetary geoscientists.